This project is read-only.

High CPU usage


I have noticed that on regular use, the program sometimes goes to this state where it takes 100% of a single CPU core. This means of course that a single thread is running without sleep. This error state may be triggered by running a resource intensive process such as a game, but I don't have an exact scenario to replicate the problem. It does happen somewhat regularly, I run into this usually 1-2 times a day. Only way to restore normal operation is to kill the process and start PAM again.

I got the source code and ran a profiler on it to find if there is any obvious infinite loop, but the problem doesn't seem to be trivial. Could be related to threading and concurrency.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, and PAM version